About the Programs
The mission of the Programs in Global Health is to harness and focus the expertise and assets of the medical school, in partnership with global leaders and relevant programs of Columbia University, to improve human health worldwide by training global health leaders, building capacity through interdisciplinary education and training programs, and address unmet global health needs through research and application.
- Establish the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons as a leader in global health.
- Support innovative education and training in global health.
- Foster and grow global health research and scholarship.
- Develop a strong academic infrastructure in global health at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons that serves all clinical and basic science departments.
- Develop and nurture global health partnerships.